University of Waterloo
Who we are
The University of Waterloo is Canada’s innovation university: A place where you can go beyond ideas and turn them into action. Our unmatched entrepreneurial culture, intense focus on research, and a broad range of programs makes us one of the country's best overall universities. You can even explore careers before you graduate through our global network of 6,700 co-op employers. Find out more at Waterloo's future student website.
- Canada’s most innovative university for 26 years in a row (Maclean’s magazine).
- More than 100 programs to choose from – many that are unique to Waterloo.
- Through Waterloo's co-op program, you can alternate 4-month school terms with 4-month paid work terms, providing up to 2 years’ paid work experience and potential total co-op earnings of $33,000 to $90,000.
- Two years after graduating, 88% of Waterloo co-op students work in a field related to their degree compared to 75% of all Ontario university grads.
- With more than 600 start-up companies, Waterloo is among Canada's leading universities for helping students turn their creative ideas into action.
- Located 110 km west of Toronto in a clean, safe, mid-sized city.
- More than 200 clubs, including Canada's oldest university LGBTQ organization.
- Among the country's largest campus recreation programs with dozens of intramural sports, tournaments and clubs, including soccer, ice hockey, volleyball and flag football.
- The Bombshelter Pub runs special events throughout the term from Beyoncé night to Trivia Thursday.