McMaster is located in Hamilton, Ontario - the fourth-largest city in Ontario, the ninth-largest city in Canada and about a 45-minute drive from Toronto and Niagara Falls. Hamilton is a vast multicultural city that not only is an urban and industrial centre, but also offers a variety of educational, cultural and recreational opportunities. Our 12-hectare main campus, bordered by the Royal Botanical Gardens, is considered to be one of the most attractive in Canada. The architecture offers a harmonious blend of the traditional with the ultra-modern.
- Home to more than 68 Canada Research Chairs, 80 research centres and institutes
- over 170,000 alumni, living in 137 countries
- With a total sponsored research income of $322.5 million (Research Infosource 2014), McMaster University ranks seventh in the country in research intensity
- The only North American host site of a United Nations university
- Interdisciplinary learning is a hallmark of McMaster