Lakehead University - Orillia
Lakehead University is a mid-sized, student-centred, comprehensive university. Lakehead students are offered a unique experience that combines opportunities for an active lifestyle with integrated student supports in a collaborative learning environment.
With 80% of classes having fewer than 50 students, and 50% of classes having fewer than 25, our students are able to engage in a more meaningful classroom experience that ultimately contributes to their success in graduate school and careers beyond university.
Lakehead University, for the second year in a row, has been ranked the #1 Research University of the Year in the undergraduate category of Canada’s Top 50 Research Universities, released annually by Re$earch Infosource. Many undergraduate students are given opportunities to participate in paid research while still completing their undergraduate degree. Our employment rate of 94.4% (above the provincial average) within 2 years of graduation attests to the success of a smaller university experience.
To enable students to leverage their many interests, our program offerings at the Orillia Campus are multidisciplinary. Ideal for students who have broader career interests and aptitudes, a multidisciplinary degree program provides a flexible structure that allows for easy selection of pre-professional program requirements, along with subjects that are of greatest personal interest.
Our Orillia Campus features the following degree programs:
- Honours Bachelor of Arts & Science with majors in Anthropology, Criminology, English, Environmental Sustainability, Geography, Interdisciplinary Studies, and Media Studies
- Honours Bachelor of Arts & Science/Bachelor of Education with majors in Anthropology, English, Geography, and Interdisciplinary Studies
- Bachelor of Arts & Science/Bachelor of Education with a major in Interdisciplinary Studies
- Bachelor of Arts and an Honours Bachelor of Arts in Sociology
- Bachelor of Arts and an Honours Bachelor of Arts in Political Science
- 4-year Honours Bachelor of Social Work
- 4-year Honours Bachelor of Commerce (Business Administration)
- Postgraduate, 1-year Honours Bachelor of Social Work
- 1-year Bachelor of Administration College Transfer Program
- 2-year consecutive Bachelor of Education degree
- Master of Business Administration
Our Orillia Campus was built to LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) standards and is designed to foster interaction and collegiality among students, faculty, staff and visitors, all while immersing them in a campus environment that demonstrates and promotes awareness of the principles of resource conservation, sustainable growth and the protection of the natural environment and biosphere.
For more information, visit our Lakehead University website.